AVOIDING SEXUAL SIN IN CHRISTIAN LIFE AMONG THE YOUTH
MAIN SCRIPTURE I CORINTHIANS 6:12-20. (FLEE AWAY)
WHAT IS SEXUAL SIN?
SEXUAL SIN includes but not limited to the following:
- Sex before marriage.
- Immoral movies, TV programs.
- Immoral dressings eg Tight trousers, open chest, mini skirts,& tumbo cuts
- Lusting at immoral photos in WhatsApp, Facebook, Newspapers and magazines.
- Sexually immoral thoughts.
- Boyfriend-Girlfriend Relationships before time.
- Immoral language eg sweety, dear, darling and honey among Youth.
- Immoral Music eg Raph Reggae.
- Immoral dances eg Ndombolo.
- Keeping the company of sexually immoral people.
- Immoral SMS texts wanting to please or impress the opposite sex.
WHY WE SHOULD AVOID SEXUAL IMMORALITY
- Defiles the Temple- Icor 3:17
- Renders one a Useless vessel, vessel of shame and dishonour- 2 Timothy 2:21
- Rejection and separation from God- Breaks fellowship- David rejected for more than one year.
- Collapses daily walk with God- (Gen 3:24)-Adam& Eve chased from the Garden of Eden.
- Breaks families.
- Broken Relationships hurts
- Causes Sexually transmitted Infections leading to pain, suffering, infertility, Abortions.
- Death(spiritual&physical). Romans 6:23 Icor 3:16-17 ,10:1-8
- Costly treatment& Surgery for diseases.
- Shame before God and men.
- Lack of trust in families when your partner discovers you have an infection.
- Your children will acquire your disease suffer and even die from HIV.
HOW TO AVOID SEXUAL SIN
- Flee away- 1cor 6:12-20
- Born again-John 3:3
- Repentance -Acts 17:30-31
- Fear God- Exod 20:20
- Public confession -Acts 19:18-19
- Abstain-Ipeter 2:11
- Avoid Lust- Mathew 5:28-30
- Purity daily -2 Timothy 2:20-22
- No willful sinning – Heb10:26,6:4-6
- Be spirit filled- Gal 5:16-22
- Be self-controlled -Titus 2:6
- Zero Tolerance for sin- Heb12:16
- Control your eyes-Job31:1
- Kill the flesh- col 3:5-6
- Be full of the Word of God- col 3:16
- Don’t keep company of immoral people -1 cor5:9-11
- Avoid being alone together in secret places.
- Don’t relate carelessly before marriage (many fall here).
- Involve your Bishop or Pastor when you intend to marry -For guidance and prayers.
- Avoid a second look at nudity or anything that arouses your desires.
- Do regular fasting to kill the flesh.
- Rebuke with love those who are immoral.
- Always preach against sin.
- Ask us any question if you are not sure of what to do next.
- Don’t rush to somebody in marriage -of late we have seen evil youth who only want to sleep with and leave you.
ECCLESIASTES 4:13- BETTER A POOR YOUTH WHO TAKES WARNING THAN A FOOLISH KING WHO DOES NOT TAKE WARNING.
- Let’s follow the example of Joseph (Gen 39)
- Let’s avoid the example of Dina (Gen 34)
- Let’s follow the instructions of King Solomon who kept on warning his son against falling into sin( Proverbs )
1 Thess.5:23-And may God of peace himself sanctify you through and through(separate you from profane things make you pure and wholly consecrated to God) and may your SPIRIT and SOUL and body be preserved sound and complete and found BLAMELESS at the COMING of our LORD JESUS CHRIST the MESSIAH.